If you are confused and clueless on how to get the stream key on Facebook Live to connect on OBS Studio software, read the instruction down below.
Stream key is needed in order to connect your OBS Studio for your Facebook Live. This lets you reflect the screen of your OBS Studio software to your Facebook Page’s live.
Two option of stream key
- Persistent stream key – this is a permanent stream key. Used only one at a time. So that when you use your OBS Studio next time, you do not need to generate another stream key.
- Non-persistent stream key (unchecked) – This will generate new code every time you stream and needs to configure on both OBS Studio and Facebook Page’s Live settings. This is best used for Facebook pages that streams multiple games or contents at the same time. (Allows two or more users to stream on the same page at the same time)
- Go to your Facebook Page where you want to go live.
- Click “Live” button on your page.
3. Select the type of your stream key – if it is persistent or non-persistent stream key. See explanation of the difference of these two above.
4. Copy the stream key and paste it on the OBS Studio so that your Facebook Page will sync with your OBS studio.
5. Once you are done with setting up and sync both OBS Studio and your Facebook Page, you are now ready to go live. Click “Start Streaming”.
6. Enjoy streaming and do not forget to interact with your viewers and share your stream!
Let me know how if tutorial was helpful :